TERMS OF SERVICE
By participating in the Schoolathon on Sustainability (SOS) Competition through this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”):
1. This Site is jointly owned by Manav Rachna Educational Institutes (“MREI”) & Bharat Soka Gakkai (“BSG”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The SOS competition is open to students who meet the eligibility criteria specified on this Site.
3. CONSENT: If you are under 18 years of age and register for the SOS Competition, you undertake that you have obtained consent from your parent/legal guardian to use this Site, and that they have read and agreed to these Terms of Service, prior to your use of this Site.
4. NO WARRANTY: While attempts have been made to ensure accuracy and reliability of content provided in this Site, BSG & MREI do not make any warranty for the same.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither BSG nor MREI shall, under any circumstance, be liable for any consequence claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site.
6. AVAILABILITY OF ACCESS:
a. While BSG & MREI endeavour to ensure that this Site is normally available 24 hours a day, they shall not be liable if for any reason it is unavailable at any time or for any period.
b. Access to this Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in case of system failure, maintenance, upgrade or repair or for reasons beyond BSG & MREI’s control.
7. CONDUCT: By accessing the Site, you undertake that you will not interfere or attempt to interfere with the operation or functionality of the Site in any manner whatsoever.
8. REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION FOR THE COMPETITION:
a. Subject to Section 3 above, to participate in the SOS Competition, you are required to create an account for your team. The same can be done in the ‘REGISTER TO COMPETE’ segment of the Site. You also agree to fulfil all the registration requirements listed in the Site.
b. You shall be fully responsible for all activities that occur by use of your account. BSG and/or MREI will not be responsible for any consequence resulting from misuse of your account with respect to this Site.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (IPRs):
a. This Site is expressly owned and operated by BSG & MREI. Unless otherwise noted, IPRs on this Site and on all materials in the Site, are owned by BSG and/or MREI, or their affiliates unless expressly stated otherwise.
b. You retain ownership of your submissions but grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, and distribute the submissions for the purposes of the competition.
11. THIRD PARTY LINKS: This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The links in this Site will let you leave the Site and proceed to the linked sites. Such linked sites are not under the control of BSG and/or MREI. BSG and/or MREI will not be liable for any loss that may arise to you on accessing the linked sites. BSG and/or MREI cannot authorize use of material contained in the linked sites. You are advised to obtain authorization from the owner of the linked websites.
12. GOVERNING LAW: These Terms of Service are governed by the laws of India.
13. INDEMNITY: In lieu of using this Site, you agree to indemnify BSG and/or MREI, their affiliates/directors/employees etc. from claims arising out of your use of this Site. If you are dissatisfied with any part(s) of this Site or these Terms of Service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
14. GENERAL: Nothing contained in these Terms of Service is in derogation of BSG and/or MREI’s right to comply with any legal requests/requirements relating to use of this Site.
15. SEVERABILITY: Except as specified in Section 12 above, if any provision of these Terms of Service shall be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable for these Terms of Service, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.